Students eligible to receive this funding are in four groups:
• students entitled to free school meals (FSM),
• students that have been entitled to FSM during the last six years (Ever6),
• children in care or looked after (CLA)
• services children.
The Government believes that the Pupil Premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address the current underlying inequalities between children eligible for free school meals and their wealthier peers, by ensuring that funding to tackle disadvantage reaches the pupils who need it most.
Our core aim is to raise the attainment and progress of students eligible for pupil premium funding, particularly in English and maths.
Improved levels of attainment in English and maths which are above the national average for students eligible for pupil premium funding.
- Close the attainment gaps relative to non – pupil premium students nationally
- Enhance reading, writing, mathematics and communication skills
- Engage and develop learning through extra-curricular provision
- The staff have a clear focus on improving outcomes for all disadvantaged students.