Health and Fitness
Head of Department
Mr G Swain
Unit 1 - Introduction to body systems and principles of training in health and fitness -
Externally assessed written examination - 40%
- Understand the structure and function of body systems and they apply to health and fitness.
- Understand the effects of health and fitness activities on the body.
- Understand health and fitness and the components of fitness
- Understand the principles of training.
Unit 2 - Preparing and planning for health and fitness -
Internally assessed synoptic project - 60%
This unit provides learners with the knowledge and understanding to be able to prepare and plan for health and fitness. Learners will know and understand the impact of lifestyle on health and fitness and be able to apply health and fitness analyses to set goals. Learners will know and understand how to rest and develop components of fitness. Learners will know and understand how to structure a health and fitness programme and how to prepare safely for health and fitness activities.
NCFE Level 2 Technical Award
- A Level in Physical Education
- Apprenticeships as Health Assistants, Fitness Instructors, Personal Trainers.
- Exercise and Fitness instructors
- Sports coach
- Physical activity and sports science