We use a variety of teaching methods to ensure that students are fully engaged, actively involved and experience an enjoyable learning environment at all times. These include hands on practical work, active learning tasks, project work and model making. Emphasis is placed on developing skills, such as team work and creativity right from the beginning of Year 7.
In Year 10 & 11 students follow the Edexcel GCSE Combined Science curriculum.
Exam Board: Edexcel (Click Here)
Examination: There will be a new 9–1 grading system, replacing A*–G: Students will complete 6 exam papers.
Common to Papers 1 to 6
● First assessment: May/June 2018.
● The assessment is 1 hour and 10 minutes. (each paper)
● The assessment is out of 60 marks.
● The assessment consists of six questions.
● Students must answer all questions.
● The paper will include multiple-choice, short answer questions, calculations and extended open-response questions.
● Calculators may be used in the examination.
● Available at foundation tier and higher tier.
● Students must complete all assessments for this qualification in the same tier.
● The foundation tier paper will target grades 1–5.
● The higher tier paper will target grades 4–9.
● 16 marks of the paper will be overlap questions that appear in both the foundation and higher tier papers.