We are unapologetic about having high expectations about the wearing of our uniform. All students are required to wear full school uniform at all times, including to and from school. Dealing with inappropriate uniform matters detracts from time devoted to learning so thank you in advance for your support in this matter.
The uniform of Stopsley High School is as attached.
All items of clothing should be clearly marked with the student’s name. Lost property will be kept in the General Office.
- Full uniform, must be worn to and from school as well as in school.
- No ‘hoodies’ or other sports wear are permitted, including wearing them to and from school.
- Shirts should be tucked into trousers/skirts.
- Skirts should be knee length or full length and be of a plain school style. Uneven hems, lycra style and frills are not allowed.
- Trousers should be ‘business style’ not made of denim or other fashion materials. They must be full length. No skinny styles are permitted.
- An abaya, if worn, should be worn underneath school uniform. A school shirt and jumper must be visible and worn over the top. If trousers are worn underneath then they must be plain black business style trousers.
- Boots, plimsolls and backless ‘flip-flop’ design shoes are not permitted.
- Visible body piercings are not permitted. Students will be asked to cover or remove the jewellery, irrespective of when the piercing was warried out.
- Make up, if worn must be discrete. Earrings must be small, flat studs only, and a small nose stud may be worn. All other jewellery must not be worn.
- The Head’s decision on what constitutes acceptable items is final.
Buying your uniform
Stopsley High School uniform can be brought from our supplier – Prestige Design & Workwear Ltd – either online or in person.
Prestige Design & Workwear Ltd
Unit 2, Barton Industrial Estate
Barton Le Clay
Beds MK45 4RP
Tel: 01582 883222
Please contact your child’s House Team for a confidential discussion if you are having difficulty with the cost of uniform. There is no longer an automatic entitlement to uniform assistance on receipt of free school meals or other benefits, but we will try hard to consider requests wherever possible.
In severe weather, the school occasionally will operate a ‘Snowday’ uniform amendment. The Website will inform parents if this is the case, and give full details.