Careers Education Information Advise and Guidance
The aim of this site is to help inform and resource our students, parents and staff on Information, Advice and Guidance, Careers and Work Related learning.
The world is a confusing place at the best of times, but with the current economic and youth unemployment situation, it is increasingly complicated for young people in particular.
In recent years there has been:
- Increased ‘Globalisation’ and developing technologies, leading to new and changing ‘careers’ opportunities
- an increasing move to ‘portfolio’ and transferable careers and work skills
- a significant increase in Youth Unemployment
- the ‘Raising of the School Participation Age’ (RPA), meaning that all students will soon be expected to remain in ‘Employment, Education or Training’ (EETs) until they are at 18
- continual change to the ‘traditional’ educational and career progression routes
- a corresponding growth in ‘Apprenticeships’
- large increase in the cost of Higher Education Fees
This is all taking place at a time when large cuts in the services available, to help students make appropriate choices, has taken place.