TV Production at the University of Bedfordshire
The Careers department took some Year 10 students to a TV Production taster session at the University of Bedfordshire. Students learned all about how a TV programme is made, they met some undergraduate students as well as university media lecturers. The highlight was when the students got a chance to plan, deliver, record and edit their own TV show!!
Students were split into groups, some came up with the show topic, whilst others had other roles…
- Tyrell Drummond, Matt Mason and Nikolay Rusev were cameramen
- Brandon Ahmed was the floor manager
- Damanjeet Singh was the vision mixer
- Marcellus Mookien was a great director!!
- Kougar Ward-Burton has the important role of sound engineer
- Denis Shabanov was on the DDR, which is crucial in video sequence playback on a TV show
- Wiktor Gawlikowski, Shadrach Ntim and Jawad Mohy-Ud-Din Minhas planned the show, wrote the script and were presenters and studio guests!!
The TV production team were very impressed at how quickly our students got to grips with the processes and commented that some were a natural!! A link of the final cut will be sent to the school, so watch this space….
Please find additional pictures of the trip in our gallery.